How To Take Care of Your Leather
Leather interiors can offer a luxurious touch to our vehicles, but like our own skin, leather requires care and maintenance to keep it looking its best. Enter Derma Leather Cleaner and Conditioner – a dual-purpose product designed to keep your leather seats clean, hydrated, and in prime condition. Let's dive into a step-by-step guide on how to effectively use this product.
- Remove any loose debris or particles from the seats by vacuuming or wiping them down. It's important that the leather is free from any loose contaminants to avoid damaging your seats.
Step 2 - Application
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Apply Derma onto a soft, microfibre application pad or directly onto the leather surface, but avoid oversaturating the leather.
- Gently scrub the leather in a circular motion. For more stubborn stains or dirt, you can use a soft-bristle brush.
- After cleaning, wipe away any residue with a clean, dry Candy Cloth.
Step 3 - Condition
- After ensuring the leather is clean, it’s time to condition.
- Shake the bottle well again and reapply Derma in the same way to your microfibre application pad.
- Gently rub the product into the leather in a circular motion, ensuring even distribution.
- Allow the conditioner to penetrate the leather for a few minutes.
- Buff away any excess product with another clean cloth, leaving the leather with a smooth and non-greasy finish.
- You'll notice that the leather will have a slight sheen to it (this is normal). Give it another buff and after an hour or so you'll notice that your leather is looking matte and as-new.
Step 4 - Regular Maintenance
To keep your leather looking and feeling its best, it's recommended to clean and condition every 3-4 months, depending on usage and exposure to elements. This will maintain its softness, protect it from UV rays, and prolong its life.
Step 5 - Results
Using Derma Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is a simple, straightforward process, but the results can be dramatic. With regular use, your leather seats will remain clean, soft, and vibrant, adding to the overall appeal and value of your vehicle. Remember, just as with our own skin, a little TLC goes a long way in preserving the beauty and integrity of leather.